Soul Food Serbia
Soul Food Serbia – Enjoyable travel through Serbia
1st Day Welcome to Serbia
Welcome, we will pick you up at the airport in Belgrade and take you to the traditional Serbian hostel Salas. Following visit to the largest fortress on the Danube Petrovaradin. Dinner on the fortress with traditional Serbian food.
2nd Day Fruska Gora National Park
With 539 m and an area of 266 km2, the National Park is the highest elevation in Vojvodina. According to legend, it was right here that first time outside of Rome wine was grown. We discover the vineyards and the wine restaurant of the winery Kovacevic let us be pampered with Serbian specialties and fine wines.
3rd day Belgrade Tesla and Djokovic
Nikola Tesla and Novak Djokovic the most famous Serbs of all time. In the Tesla Museum we see the legacy of the genius Nikola Tesla. Tesla’s personal belongings and patents are exhibited here. The tennis number 1 Novak Djokovic owns a restaurant, we taste delicious Serbian specialties.
4th day catamaran on the Danube FA
Who likes to pack the bathing suits. Today you will discover the Wild Danube with its beautiful natural shores from the catamaran. While enjoying the view, the chef prepares grilled specialities with Sessionenellen side dishes. Soft drinks, Serbian beer and local wines are served.
Day 5 Craft Beer Serbia
Craft beer is booming in Serbia. Young dynamic brewers create new craft beer breweries and have amazingly good craft beer to offer. Today we visit 3 craft beer breweries in Serbia and enjoy craft beer with delicious Serbian specialties in Belgrade for the evening.
Day 6 Sirmium and Donkey’s Cheese
Everyone has heard of him before and we will eat him the world famous donkey cheese. We see the donkey farm and the Nature Reserve Zasavica where the cheese is made by Vuk Simic. Afterwards, our journey goes back to the year 103 to the capital of the Roman province of Pannonia, today’s Sremska Mitrovica. We visit the excavations and the museum in Sremska Mitrovica. Dinner with regional Serbian specialties
7.Day Subotica and Palic Lake
The Lipizzans are world famous. They have been successfully bred in Subotica since 1992. We visit the Ergela Kelebija Stud and get the story told about the Lipizzans in Subotica, see over 30 fiakers before we explore nature with a fiaker. Afterwards we visit the Palic lake, where the locals come to relax. We are looking forward to Serbian specialties.
8.Day farewell and farewell transfer to the airport/station
Extension on the Adriatic sea possible, for example, in my uncle’s hotel in Cavtat near Dubrovnik.
Description Soul Food
Get to know the Serbian food culture with all its many facets. During the trip you will get to know authentic Serbian specialities, taste Serbian wines, Serbian beer and Serbian craft beer. You will discover the Danube from land and sea.
– All transfers, entrance fees, a drink for dinner, drinks on the go and services indicated here include.
– 7 nights
– 7 Breakfast
– 7 dinners
– 7 snack for hunger in between (Cevapcici, Pljeskavica, etc.)
– 1 wine tasting at the Kovacevic winery in the Fruska Gora National Park with dinner
– 3 x Craft Beer Breweries Visits with Tasting
– 1 Visit National Park Fruska Gora
– 1 day trip on the Danube with a catamaran incl. catering Serbian wine, Serbian beer, grilled meat, salads and side dishes
– 1 x visit to the Zasavica Nature Reserve
– 1 x guided tour of Sremska Mitrovica (Sirmium)
– 1 x guided tour of the Serbian capital Belgrade
– 1 x guided tour of Novi Sad
– 1 x Museum Visit Nikola Tesla
– 1 x restaurant visit the restaurant of Novak Djokovic with the possibility to take photos with the trophies
– 1 x try the world famous & most expensive donkey cheese in the world – at the manufacturer
– 1 x visit to a Lipizzan stud
– 1 x Excursion with the Fiaker through nature
– 1x Visit to the Palic Lake incl. restaurant visit
– 1x Visit to the oldest Danube fortress Kalemegdan
– 1x Visit to the largest Danube fortress Petrovaradin
Minimum number of participants: 2
Travel price per person from 2 travellers 3500 Euro
Soul Food Serbia German Version